The recent baby formula shortages in the USA have caused many parents to look for alternative sources for this essential product. While some have turned to the black market, others have looked to Europe, where the baby formula is still readily available.
There are several benefits to buying baby formula from Europe, including that European manufacturers are not affected by the same recalls and shortages as those in the USA. European baby formula is also subject to stricter regulation, which means it is of a higher quality.
So, if you are looking for a reliable source of baby formula, buying from Europe is a great option!
Top Benefits of Buying Baby Formula from Europe
- Quality: When it comes to baby formula, there is no substitute for high-quality products. This is especially true when it comes to infant formulas.
In the U.S., we’ve seen numerous recalls of baby formula over the past few years due to contamination issues. These recalls have resulted in serious health concerns for babies fed these contaminated products. However, European manufacturers do not face the same risks or problems with their products.
They undergo rigorous testing before being released on the market, ensuring that all ingredients meet strict standards.
- Less Likely to Cause Obesity and Diabetes: Childhood obesity and diabetes are less likely to occur in Europe because of the formulas used there.
According to researchers, lactose is the main carbohydrate in breast milk, and babies can digest it without stressing the pancreas. In contrast, corn syrup and other processed sweeteners have a higher glycemic index, making it more difficult to regulate blood sugar levels.
Introducing processed sweeteners to babies at an early age will likely cause them to develop a preference for sugary foods, setting them up for unhealthy eating habits later in life.
- Availability: It may seem obvious, but one of the biggest advantages of buying baby formula from E.U. countries is that it is easier to find. If you live in the United States, your options for finding baby formula are limited.
You might be able to buy it at your local grocery store, but you will probably need to search online to find a reputable supplier. This can be difficult, particularly during times of shortage.
By contrast, most E.U. countries have multiple suppliers of baby formula. You should be able to easily locate what you need without having to go through any hassle.
- High Standards: The European Commission has much stricter standards for the acceptable ingredients in infant formula than in other countries. For example, European baby formulas such as HiPP Dutch Stage 1 for newborns containing intact milk proteins are prohibited from containing sucrose.
Other ingredients and preservatives prohibited in European formulas include pectins, fructans, and carrageenan. These higher standards ensure that infants who consume European-made formulas receive the best nutrition.
- Price: One of the main reasons people buy baby formula from Europe is that it is cheaper. Most American consumers assume that baby formula is expensive, but this couldn’t be further from the truth.
You can often get baby formula for less money in Europe than you would pay. It is often much less expensive than other types of food. For example, you can purchase a bottle of baby formula for $15-$20, while you would pay anywhere from $40-$50 for a comparable size box of cereal.
- Convenience: Europeans prefer to buy baby formula from the E.U. instead of the U.S. because it is convenient.
Since baby formula is so widely available throughout Europe, it is easy to pick up a supply whenever you run out. You won’t have to worry about driving across the country to find a specific brand.
- Variety: When you buy baby formula from Europe, you’ll have various brands and flavors. This is an advantage because it allows you to find the perfect formula for your baby. With so many options available, you’re sure to find a brand and flavor that your baby will love.
- Shipping Options: Another advantage of buying baby formula from other countries is that you can take advantage of different shipping options.
For instance, if you want to ship your order by airmail, you can usually save quite a bit of money. The cost of shipping a single bottle of baby formula from the E.U. to the U.S. is approximately $10.
- Customer Service: Finally, the benefit of buying baby formula in Europe is that you can expect better customer service.
When you buy baby formula from the U.S., you will encounter problems with your shipment. However, when you buy from Europe, you can rest assured knowing that you will receive your product on time.
As it has become clear in recent weeks, the U.S. is facing a shortage of formula for babies. Many parents, who have had to rely on formula as a source of nourishment for their babies, have had to scramble to find alternative sources.
As it would seem, the best alternative now is to buy the formula from Europe. We hope that you find this blog post helpful and informative.